WHY LASER CLADDING?
Our team has proven expertise in everything from the chemistry behind powder coatings and metals to an understanding of the intensely corrosive and abrasive environments your part can experience for days, weeks and sometimes years.
LASER ID CLADDING
PM Laser Cladding introduces Laser ID Cladding technology. This process is able to apply better coatings inside the diameter of the parts with better mechanical and metallurgical properties. This process replaces some of the older technologies such as manual weld overlays, TIG, MIG and PTA, etc.
COMMON LASER CLADDING MATERIALS
- Haste Alloys™
- Stainless steels
- Tool steels
- Alloy steels
- Tungsten Carbides with NiMatrix
- Aluminum Bronze
- Titanium Alloys
ADVANTAGES OF LASER CLADDING
- Excellent metallurgical bond strength
- Low dilution with base material
- Low heat affected zone
- Very minimal porosity
- High repeatability
- Metals & ceramic coating materials can be applied
- 0.010″ – 0.070″ coating thickness per single pass